Thursday 20 August 2020

Thursday's Words

 

Hello world, well it's Thursday so it is time for a poem as someone pointed out last week I haven't said what site I find these poems well I will fix that today by adding the site to the post. It is: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/why-i-love-my-sister

The Importance of a Sister

BY: Shiv Sharma

A sister is someone who loves you from the heart.

No matter how much you argue, you cannot be drawn apart.
She is a joy that cannot be taken away.
Once she enters your life, she is there to stay.

A friend who helps you through difficult times,
Her comforting words are worth much more than dimes.
A partner who fills your life with laughs and smiles,
These memories last for miles and miles.

When she is by your side, the world is filled with life.
When she is not around, your days are full of strife.
A sister is a blessing who fills your heart with love.
She flies with you in life with the beauty of a dove.

A companion to whom you can express your feelings,
She doesn't let you get bored at family dealings.
Whether you are having your ups or downs,
She always helps you with a smile and never frowns.

With a sister, you cannot have a grudge.
She is as sweet as chocolate and as smooth as fudge.
Having a sister is not just a trend.
It is knowing you can always turn to her, your best friend.


Source:https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/why-i-love-my-sister

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    That is a lovely poem, written by a person who truly cares about his/her sister!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely poem. I don't have a sister but hope that would be how I would feel if I did have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem. I have a sister who is very much older than I. I have learned to appreciate her as a sister even though we were not very close in our growing up years. In fact, she is more like a mother to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem.
    Have no sisters...just me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mariette......I so agree
    ;
    Rosie.......It is, it's also how I feel about my sisters

    Nancy......My youngest sisteer thinks of me like she does mum

    Margaret D.......Pleased you liked the post

    ReplyDelete

Borderline Personality Disorder/Fear of Abandonment

  Hi, everyone this week we are looking at fear of abandonment and borderline personality disorder. We all must deal with the death of a lo...