Monday 22 July 2024

Brazil

 


Hello everyone, here I am on a cold Monday morning flicking through the Great Book of Knowledge looking for a country to write about and decided on Brazil.

Brazil is South America’s largest country it takes up nearly half of South America. Its capital is Brasilia, it has a population of around 210 million. It is officially called the Federative Republic of Brazil.

The government is a presidential system, federal republic and constitutional republic. The constitution is the supreme law of Brazil.



The currency is the Real, the flag is a blue disc depicting a starry sky spanned by a curved band with the moto “Ordem e Progresso” in a yellow rhombus on a green field. Officially adopted on the 19 November 1889, four days after the Proclamation of the Republic to replace the flag of the Empire of Brazil.



Football or what I would call soccer is the most followed sport and a source of national pride.



The country is known for the Amazon rainforests, Sugarloaf Mountain, Iguazu Falls, soccer and the statue Christ the Redeemer. Just to name a few things, there are other things.



The Statue of Christ is 130 feet tall, it over looks Rio de Janeiro and is one of the seven wonders of the modern world. It is the symbol and icon of Brazil.  



 

18 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to see that statue of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know the official name is Federative Republic of Brazil! Goodness! I knew it was really huge, though.
    I have a suggestion for a country--Argentina. I used to have a pen pal there for years and she just drifted away as they do sometimes. Oh, or The Netherlands! I have a pen pal from there right now but I know very little about her country.
    Stay warm, Jo-anne! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made a note of those countries and will do posts about them

      Delete
  3. My dad had one of those Brazil bills. I think my brother John has it now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to have one we have some money from a few different countries

      Delete
  4. After high school and before university, I went overseas (1966) on a Gap Year Programme with southern hemisphere students from Argentina, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand etc.. but most importantly for me, from Brasil.

    I picked up enough Spanish in 12 months to survive, but Portuguese was totally beyond my language skills. Nonetheless I have been totally interested in Brasil ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool, when I was young I never thought about travelling to other countries, now I wish I had

      Delete
  5. What Katie said. I would love to see that statue in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've learned a bit about Brazil from those who have come here legally. And Portugese is NOT an easy language to learn.
    Blessings, Jo-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for some us any language is hard to learn unless you hear it from birth

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing this. I find their flag to be very interesting. Of course the statue is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find I like learning about different countries flags

      Delete
  8. The Christ statue is wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the seven wonders - I would love to see that Christ statue too.

    ReplyDelete

Wellness Test Results

I recently did a wellness questionnaire which can be found here: https://ezpzwellness.org/ These are the results.               Person...