Thursday 25 July 2024

Yesterday

 



Some of you may have noticed I didn’t do a post yesterday; this was due to Tim receiving a phone call from our doctor’s surgery saying the doctor wanted to see him about his test results.

He must have been worried as he wanted me to go with him, so after changing my clothes we headed off to the doctors, thankfully didn’t have to leave for work till 1.40pm.

Anyway, Tim has now been diagnosed with diabetes again, the last time he was able to get it under control by changing his diet but last time his fasting BGL wasn’t overly high.

This time he is on insulin and two tablets and must record his BGL every day for 2 weeks then go back to see the doc. Tim is feeling a bit overwhelmed by the thought of taking and recording his BGLs, he needs my help and is worried about how it will affect his job.

He didn’t want to inform his boss or Transport NSW, but the doctor told him he had to, he also told Tim that it will not stop his driving if he can show he has it under control, which is what I told Tim. Take your meds, monitor your BGLs and do what needs to be done.

Tim said to me after leaving the doctors that he would tell Transport NSW in January; I said NO you must do it soonish because not telling them is how you may lose your job.

Diabetes isn’t that big a deal if you do what needs to be done to keep it under control.  Regular testing is a must having his eyes and feet checked is a must and eating regularly is a must.

9 comments:

  1. I agree with you. He must tell his employer. It will only make matters worse and sometimes procrastinating can come back to bite you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did tell his boss who said no big deal just keep a record of BGL's and take the meds, and that they are other drivers with it.

      Delete
  2. Type 2 diabetes seems to depend more on family lineage than type 1, so to some extent we can blame our parents for Type 2.
    If a man is diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, he must pay particular attention to his medication, regular testing, diet, exercise, eye testing etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully Tim like me has type 2, as did both my parents and I have one sister with it as well and I think Tim's mother also had type 2

      Delete
  3. I agree with telling them right away and I see in the comments that he did and they were fine with it. Nice! I am sure he is relieved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad Tim can control this, just like you can, and that he was honest with his work. Hang in there, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this. Praying he can keep it controlled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I avoided insulin by stopping my sugar cheating. I imagine there might come a day when that's not enough- maybe Tim can hit me with his bus before then...

    ReplyDelete

Week 36 of 2024

  I slept through the night, when the alarm went off at 5am I got up went to the toilet took my meds and went back to bed till 6.30am. It ...