Monday 29 July 2024

Argentina

 


Hello Monday, hello world this week’s country was at the suggestion of a fellow blogger, Rita who can be found here:https://soulcomfort.blogspot.com/

The country is Argentina, which borders Paraguay and Boliva to the north and Brazil and Uruguay to the northwest and Chile to the west and south. It’s officially the Argentine Republic.

It is the second largest country in South America and the eighth in the world. Its culture is influenced by Europeans in particular the Italians and Spanish.



It has a population of 46 million, its official language is Spanish, and the currency is the Argentine Peso.

The politics of Argentina take place in the framework of what the Constitution defines as a federal presidential representative democratic republic, where the President of Argentina is both Head of State and Head of Government.

The main religion is catholic.



Their flag has three stripes alternating sky blue, white and sky blue. Each stripe is 30cm high. In the centre stripe there is an emblem known as the Sun of May a golden sun, which some say is representation of the Inca sun god Inti. The flag was adopted way back at the start of the 1800’s.





Some of the things the country is known for are its wine and food, its music and the dance known as the Tango and of course the country’s love of soccer.

The City of Buenos Aires is the capital of the Argentine Republic.



The 9 July is the country’s Independence Day this date originates in commemoration of the signing of the Argentine Declaration of Independence, on Tuesday, July 9, 1816, in the house of Francisca Bazán de Laguna. In 1941, the building was declared a national heritage site.

Many people know the song Don’t Cry for Me Argentina by Julie Convington a song about Eva Peron she was the First Lady of Argentina from June 1946 until her death in July 1952, as the wife of Argentine President Juan Perón.

19 comments:

  1. I JUST left my blog where I told you that my wife is best friends with an Australian. Now I come to your blog...my wife's parents were BORN in Argentina. She speaks fluent Spanish and I...uh...try. Although I probably sound like a dunce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like a dunce in English too... er, just kidding, buddy!

      Delete
    2. I find it kinda cool when things like that happen

      Delete
  2. In fact, we're planning on visiting some of her family there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm singing the song in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to that play where they sang that song - Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argentina... good to dream... and I also have to think about the Argentine Tango...
    Thank you very much and best regards to you.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Jo-Anne. I know there was a lot of political unrest there back when I lost contact with my pen pal. I always wondered what happened to her. She wrote to me to practice her English. She was a school teacher and a wonderful woman. She introduced me to Yerba Mate the way they drink it...in gourds through a bombilla. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I am learning stuff by doing these post and I liked having someone make suggestion.

      Delete
  7. You must have loved geography when you were growing up, Jo-Anne. And yes, now I have that song stuck in my head, too.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh year I did like geography and it was my best subject, along with history

      Delete
  8. A country with a very interesting history.
    I love the tango.

    ReplyDelete

Czech Republic

  This week we are in Central Europe which is the region lying between the defined areas of Eastern and Western Europe. It includes the coun...