Thursday 18 July 2024

BPD & Physical Symptoms

 


This week I am wrapping up at least for now my posts on borderline personality disorder or BPD, I will end this by sharing a few other physical symptoms someone with BPD may experience, may not will or do just may.

Digestive or stomach issues, this is because stress can affect a body’s digestive functioning as the gastrointestinal tract is sensitive to emotion. Anger, anxiety, sadness or elation can all trigger physical symptoms in the gut.

Muscle aches and pains, this is a common physical symptom of stress and anxiety as many with BPD experience high emotional stress due to rapid cycling moods.

They can also experience a psychogenic fever or high temperature due to chronic stress.

Lastly, we have chest pain and up to 25 percent of BPD sufferers will experience chest pain often so bad they feel like they are having a heart attack. It is often linked to panic attacks.

 

8 comments:

  1. I just stopped by to say Goodbye. I am leaving Blogger and closing down my blog. I will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are horrific side effects of BPD. Since they mimic other anxiety producers, a diagnosis of the true source could be difficult.
    Blessings, Jo-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stress shows up physically, too, for sure. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be hard to diagnose, I am guessing.

    ReplyDelete

Wellness Test Results

I recently did a wellness questionnaire which can be found here: https://ezpzwellness.org/ These are the results.               Person...