Sunday 21 July 2024

Week 29 of 2024

 


Had a good night, even though we had a blackout during the night I managed to sleep through it, waking with the alarm at 5am.

The temperature is 8 degrees my BGL was 5.3.

Tasha rang and asked if she could come and have a shower here as the blackout happened when the hot water was supposed to be heating up and she thought they may not have enough. I said yes of course, and she came and took a shower and left all in under 15 minutes, this is the girl who can take 30 minutes too shower, I was shocked.

Bought pizza for lunch the mini pizza & chips deal for $7, I liked it but not Tim, he thought it was disgusting and a waste of money.

I have increased how often I use the powerfit from twice a day to three times a day.

It has been a lazy day, not feeling like doing anything at all.

Steps 2,102

Had a good night. After a rough start I had a blocked nose and found it hard to breathe, so I took something for it and after about half an hour I settled and slept most of the night.

Tim up and off to work an hour before I got up, he had to start at 5.20am. The temp was a lovely 6 degrees, but it did warm up during the day to around 15 degrees.

I was fiddling around with my Random Thoughts blog and deleted it and went into panic mode, after trying this and that I got it back. I was really worried for a while.

Tim home from work around 2pm, he is doing tomorrow the same run so he will be in bed early tonight.

Steps 2,315

Had a good night, going straight to sleep after going to bed and mostly sleeping through the night.

Tim up and gone bore I got up; the temp is 8 degrees my BGL is 4.9.

It is so cold that I have the heater going. I also have winter socks on to try and keep my feet warm.

Had to reschedule my podiatrist appointment as Sue is sick with gastro and doesn’t think she will be well enough to take me tomorrow.

Steps 2,145

Had a horrible night with my body moving. I was like a fish out of water flopping around and tossing and turning in bed. I dosed on and off and got up to go to the toilet a couple of times.

At 2.30am I had enough and got up sat in the bathroom for a bit with the heater going, trying to decide what to do. I ended up coming out and using the powerfit for 20 minutes, the first 10 minutes I was sitting on it and then I was standing. I then went back to bed and slept without moving for 70 minutes before needing to pee again, 15 minutes later needing to pee again and then 15 minutes after that feeling like I needed to pee again.

By this time, it was 4.50am I decided to just get up have a shower and start my day. The temp is 10 degrees and my BGL was 3.8

Tim is not working today, he had a Dr’s appointment this morning but nothing else.

Steps 2,374

Had a damn good night waking the alarm, didn’t want to get up but of course I did.

It is 9 degrees and my BGL is 4.2.

Jess rang at around 9am asking me to go over as she was having a person come to do an OT assessment of Sam. The woman was nice I was there an hour and left a bit before she left as I needed to pee.

Sandy called in while I was at Jess’s to pick up stuff I printed for her.

I made Summer a toasted cheese sandwich for lunch.

Jess took Sam down to have his blood test done.

Tim home at 2pm.

Steps 2,368

JEANNIE’S BIRTHDAY SHE IS 56 TODAY

Had another horrible night tossing and turning and feeling restless but oh so tired as well. I got up at 12.30 and stayed up for half an hour while up I used the powerfit and did a couple of things on the computer.

After returning to bed, I was cold and could not warm up, then to make things worse each time I moved in bed I leaked a little bit, making me get up and go to the loo. At 4.50am when I had to get up again, I decided to stay up.

The temp is 6 degrees my BGL is 4.4

My pedometer isn’t working right, it is counting but not all the time. Tim said he will change the battery, but I am not expecting him to do it any time soon.

I had a 1hr 45-minute nap in my armchair, still very tired but at least I can function.

Sue sent me a message saying there is a worldwide internet outage, not good I need my internet, well I will tomorrow, tonight I will be in bed.

Steps 2,077

Had a good night slept through to 4.30am, went to the loo and back to bed till the alarm at 5am.It is 11 degrees and windy, my BGL is 4.3

Had an issue went having lunch. I started to choke but not on food on the drink I was having.

Tim arrived home around 2pm and he looked so tired.

Dawson popped in for a visit, he was here about an hour or so.

I am trying to stay up a bit longer before going to bed.

Steps 1,099

 

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing that a blackout can virtually stop daily life? What did our grandparents do, before heating and lighting was guaranteed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can remember mum telling me how they only had the woodburning stove/oven in the kitchen that went all day every day making the house hot in summer and just warm in winter and she would have a couple of blankets over her of an evening while she read by a kerosene lamp they did not have electricity or hot running water.

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to say I stopped and read, proud of you on your steps, just not with it yet after this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not with it or I'm not with it because the last few days I have not been with it much. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. Overall, it sounds like you had a good week, Jo-Anne, with just a few hiccups, as we'd say here. Get Tim to change out the batteries! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will ty and get him to change the battery this afternoon and see if that works. Yes overall a good week

      Delete

  4. There were some not so good nights, your days went better.

    Wish you a wonderful new week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my days are mostly good but the nights can be shocking

      Delete

Week 36 of 2024

  I slept through the night, when the alarm went off at 5am I got up went to the toilet took my meds and went back to bed till 6.30am. It ...