Sunday 28 July 2024

Week 30 of 2024

 


Had a good night sleeping until 5am, not as cold or windy this morning. I feel good.  The temp is 10 degrees and my BGL is 4.4

Tim has at last bought himself a new box trailer, I hope he is happy with it.

I am guessing how many steps I am doing each day as the pedometer isn’t working right. I know that 10 minutes on the powerfit is about 300 steps, and I am using it 3 or 4 times a day.

I am in a foul mood, and I don’t know why. I want to cry and lash out at people. My mood improved a tad after I ate something.

Steps 1,998 I am making a guesstimate at the number of steps, I know that 10 minutes on the powerfit gave me 300 steps and I use it 4 times a day now.

Had another terrible night and couldn’t settle, with the jerky movements in my upper body. Tossing and turning and just feeling horrible.

I thought about getting up at 5am, taking my meds and going back to bed but no I got and stayed up.

The temp is 4 degrees and my BGL 3.3

Around 10.30 I saw Tim walking down the driveway he is here till around 12.30

Made a grill cheese thing on a tortilla thing didn't like it only ate a small bit less than a quarter, so no lunch for me today, instead I had some ice cream with milo.

Steps: 2,4972 actual reading

Had another not so good night the cause was less to do with than tossing and turning, although that played a part. However, after getting up and using the Powerfit for 20 minutes that part settled.

What came next was in some ways more frustrating, I started to shiver and could not stop, it didn’t feel like an internal tremor but more like I was cold. I was, however, in a nice warm bed, I was even shivering in my dreams.

At 4.50am I got up, turned the heaters on and got ready to start my day, it was while having my wash that I started to wonder what my BGL was, it was 3.9. So maybe that was part of the reason I was shivering. After eating the shivering settled down.

The temp is 6 degrees.

Tim didn’t start work till 1.30pm so it will be around 7.30pm before he gets home.

Steps: 2,815 actual reading

Had a good night, woke only once to pee that I can remember.

The temp is only 5 degrees and my BGL is 4.5.

At 8.30am Tim came out and said he had a doctor’s appointment at 9.30am as the surgery just rang saying they wanted to see him. He wanted me to go with him.

He has been diagnosed with diabetes and is on tablets and insulin. He must inform work and Transport NSW and is worried about it will affect his job. I said if keeps track of his BGL’s and takes the medication he should be ok, and the doctor said the same thing.

He keeps saying it is hard for him to get his head around.

Going out this morning threw me out of whack, I didn’t do a blog post due to that.

Steps 3,139 Actual reading    

MICHEAL’S BIRTHDAY

Had another rough night, from the time I went to bed till 2.30am my body only wanted to dose on and off no good quality sleep. At around 1.45am I got up and decided to use the powerfit for 20 minutes which turned into 40 minutes and that helped. When I went back to bed, I slept till 5am without issue.

Sent Michael a birthday text. It is only 6 degrees this morning and my BGL is 4.5.

Tim has a late start today he will leave here at 5.30pm and it will be around midnight when he gets home, tomorrow is the same.

Looks like my pedometer is working fine again, I check it by counting in my head 30 steps and comparing it to what the device says, and it is spot on.

Steps:3,620

I slept straight though the night, in fact I was sitting on the side of the bed waiting for the alarm to go so I could take my tablet and doing something on my phone when I dropped the phone I had nodded off, thankfully that’s when the alarm went.

The temp this morning 9 degrees, it is raining and my BGL was 4.5

It is also raining but it is supposed to stop around 7.45 according to my weather app. It did stop raining and I was able to go up with Sam, who forgot to take their medication.

Went to the podiatrist all is good with my feet, Sue drove me.

I am having a not so good afternoon and just feel like everything is going wrong.

Steps: 3,254

I slept all night again waking with the alarm, and to sound of rain. It is it

Tim had gone to get petrol and cash in empty bottles, I was going to go with him, but he said he may be gone up to 2 hours, so I didn’t go.

Tim and I were watching TV and around 3.30pm he got the heater and turned it on, so I have been hot since 4pm.

My pedometer isn’t working right, and I think it might have something to do with the pants I am wearing, we will see what happens tomorrow. As I always check the counter before using the powerfit I know that 10 minutes equals 300 steps so when I use the powerfit and the counter only goes up 10 steps I make a note of it and add them to the end of days steps this is how I get my guesstimate.

Steps: 3,001 guesstimates

 

 

 

                                 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9 comments:

  1. Your week was certainly a mixed bag of good and bad, Jo-Anne. Keep up those steps even if your pedometer isn't working! Blessings for a better week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and I will, discovered this morning that the battery died so think when I get that changed all should hopefully be good.

      Delete
  2. Tim being diagnosed with diabetes must have been awful. Even if his tablets and insulin work, the monitoring must be constant and the work life must be affected.
    I don't want to have any chronic sickness if I could help it, but we all know with age that the body bits start falling off :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, I'm not one to put in many steps. Sounds like more exercise would affect all of us for the good. We are rooting for you Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks using the pedometer helps me want to get moving and using the powerfit has helped my balance and I can feel it in my muscles.

      Delete
  4. Pedometers never worked for me. One day we walked a mile with me wearing it one way and Scrappy wearing it the other and he had half the steps that I had- and I had about 2/3rds of the steps I counted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you sounded like things were going better and you were sleeping better as the week went on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been getting up around 4:45 -5am wide awake! Then I start to poop out by 11am.

    ReplyDelete

Czech Republic

  This week we are in Central Europe which is the region lying between the defined areas of Eastern and Western Europe. It includes the coun...