Tuesday 16 October 2018

Gross Facts/Burping


Well last night not long before I went to bed when I went to the toilet I lost my balance and has a tumble hitting my arm and head on the bathroom sink but I wasn't hurt just had a sore wrist and a bit of a headache. This cause my daughters to worry about me in hindsight I shouldn't have told them.

Anyway here are this weeks gross facts, today they are about burping

Swallowing air as you eat and drink can make up burp

Burping gets rid of a litre of gas from your stomach each day

Drinking through a straw can make your burp because you swallow more air

In the zero gravity of space astronauts wet burp because some of their stomach contents come out

The loudest burp ever recorded was as loud as a car alarm

4 comments:

  1. I went back through FB when I saw your post about "being alright". You were right to mention it, and they were right to worry about you. Head blows are nothing to fool with.

    Two other things about burping. One, Laurie can do it at a moment's notice by swallowing air. Real ladylike, I know.

    Secomnd, I used to hang with a girl who could outdo any guy. We were in a bar near our work one payday and she belched so loud it made the glass on the pinball game we were playing rattle. A crowd of co-workers looked over at me, and I said, "Hey, wait a minute..."


    Flash foreward 6 months. I belched at a company meeting and everyone turned around and stared at HER. They all knew what I knew by then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loud as a car alarm!? Good grief! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing. I have heard some super loud ones but that loud...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris......Yesterday I bumped my head getting into the car hit it harder then I did Monday night

    Rita........I know what the hell

    Katie.......My daughter is one for loud burps

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...