Sunday 24 December 2023

Week 51 of 2023

 


Up at 4.45am and it is much cooler then yesterday I do have both sliding doors open and there is a nice breeze.

It has reached 25 degrees and even though I am sweating I don't have the air con on .

Sam had their eye sight tested and they need glasses.

Managed to get through the day without the air con on.

A good start to the day up at 5am it isn't hot and there is a nice breeze blowing throughout the house.

Tim shut the back sliding screen door which meant I had to turn the fan on but at least not the air con.

Had a visit from Saint Vinnies with a Christmas Hamper of stuff this was a surprise, I said what we don't want or use we can pass on to someone else such as Tasha or Sandy.

Blain brought down a bag of stuff that Tasha didn't want so I could pass it on to Sandy.

My new bras came as well as the ¾ length pants, I hope they fit.

Up at 4.30am due to being hot and mostly awake, I opened the house up but by 8.30 I had shut the house up and turned the air con on. I also had developed a headache, the type that feels like it is caused by the weather.

The headache finally went away around 10am it is a pretty damn hot day, I turned the air con on early before Tim got up.

Tasha is in another mood over her rent and Blain, he doesn't want to go on Centrelink benefits but because he is able too, the Dept of Housing will charge him rent as if he is getting the money. This has pissed her off and I get it, it is wrong and I told her to explain to Blain how it is, as the guy from the Dept of Housing said it is their policy. I think if he went on Centrelink Blain would be ok with it he just thinks it is not worth it and that Centrelink messes you around

A new day up at 5.20am after a rough night, it is much cooler and it is wet outside not sure if it is raining.

I have someone coming to take my blood and the tests are fasting tests so no breakie for me till after that is done just water to drink.

The lady turned up at 8am to take my blood, this was followed by breakie.

It has rained on and off all day, Tim went into work about extra time off and came home with the thought that he may end up losing his job. I said it may happen but no point in stressing over it. It is a bridge we will cross when we arrive at it.

The cleaners didn't come which didn't surprised me.

A much cooler morning, I am wearing light weight ¾ pants as the only shorts I have left clean are the above the knee ones that ride up and annoy me, if it gets warmer I will change into them. It started raining around 10 am and looks like the rest of the day will be wet.

While trying to type up tomorrows blog post I had problems with my word software and I lost all that I had written when I went to save the post. This is always frustrating when it happens and in the end I decided to write it up tomorrow.

Another cool start to the day and I am in ¾ pants again as it is cool with the sliding doors open.

Dawson rang around 10ish asking if Tim could pick him up and to some place a street away from us as he had no way to get there.

My mouth is so sore I am having trouble eating today.

Tim went and bought the prawns and went to have the paperwork filled out about his eyesight for his drivers authority.

At around 11ish Dawson arrived here to wait for a friend to come pick him up. We told him if he wants us to drive him to his dad's tomorrow to let us know.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a mix of weather and events. Hope your blood test results come back well. Fingers crossed for Tim's job situation – take things one step at a time. The rain might bring a bit of relief from the heat. Stay well!

    Visit https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/12/what-i-would-love-to-be-gifted-for-Christmas-and-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a bit of this and a bit of that weather wise, we can only hope the new year brings some answers for Tim and his job situation

      Delete

Australian's Under Fire in PNG

  Ok it is time for some more about Australia under fire in 1942 starting off this week with Port Moresby, which is in the PNG or Papua New ...