Wednesday 6 December 2023

Aussie Christmas Slang

 


Good morning I have a few Christmas related saying that are pretty Aussie here are some I have thought of.

Christmas Stocking- An inexpensive gift used to fill out a Christmas stocking

Done up like a Christmas Tree- Gaudily overdressed

Think you're Christmas- To have a very high opinion of yourself

Rellies run- A trip to taken to see relatives as part of Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Don't know if it's Pitt Street or Christmas- To be stupid



14 comments:

  1. Interesting! I don't know if we have any such sayings or not, none come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are pretty common to me, I would like to know if other countries have simpliar sayings

      Delete
  2. I can't think of any Christmas slang we use here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done up like a Christmas tree says it perfectly. Too much glitter and sparkle when casual outdoor clothes would suit our summers perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of this slang is new to me, Jo-Anne. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun. Some of them I could guess what they mean, most of them not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not heard, but I do like rellies run. Fits when you are trying to hit all the relations over the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are interesting. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Australian's Under Fire in PNG

  Ok it is time for some more about Australia under fire in 1942 starting off this week with Port Moresby, which is in the PNG or Papua New ...