Monday 23 March 2020

Facts


Hello everyone here I am at another Monday no aqua today as the pool has closed for who knows how long.

Blain is off school, this is his parents decision Leo is still going to school as I think Sydney-May & Summer are.

Here are to days facts

A person swallows approximately 295 times while eating a meal.

On average a person chews gum approximately 5,000 times

A scorpion can survive up to three weeks if it is embedded in a block of ice.

A square foot of lawn has about 3,000 blades of grass in it.

A square foot of fairway on a golf course has 4,500 blades of grass.

On a putting green there are 8,000 blades of grass


8 comments:

  1. A scorpion can survive up to three weeks if it is embedded in a block of ice.
    I thought they loved the hot fry desert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting about the grass..
    Glad I don't chew gum, if I did I would surly have the jaw ache..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting facts. Over here, all schools, offices, public places are closed except for places selling essentials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scorpion! ??? Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aiieeee re: the scorpion!

    And as for the grass...who counted? Hahaha.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My job is getting shut down tomorrow but we will soon be recruited to make masks and gowns

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandie......That was a surprise for me too

    Margaret D.....I thought so too

    Nancy.......Indeed, getting that way here

    Rita........I know

    Kea.......I will try to take care, yeah who counted

    Chris.....I hope you can continue to have some kind of work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    As for the average gum chewing person, that's NOT me as we both never chew gum...
    Tough scorpion...
    The grass type varies enormously so that square foot measure in my humble opinion is not valid. We have sentipede grass, as it already says, like a hundred feet/roots. It is less upright than the fine blades in different climates.
    Wishing you and yours all the best during this uncertain time!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease Pt 11

  Here we are at another Friday which means it is time for more about Parkinson’s this week we are looking at depression. Depression is ve...