Sunday 17 March 2019

The week that was No: 11


Well it is Sunday and I have posted the last week that was post, so now I am starting another week that was post.

Another hot day, Kathy arrived around 10ish and wanted 2 soft boiled eggs and an ice cream cone before going over to see dad.

Dad was in bed when we arrived and stayed in bed the whole time we were there. Kathy & Summer went into see him, she said dad didn't know who she was.

Monday saw dad have another fall when he was walking into the kitchen for breakfast. He was ok just took some skin off. Natasha received another parking ticket in the mail for stopping in the mail zone for Leo to jump out and post some letters for me.

Tuesday is another hot day.

Wednesday started out cool and wet but ended up hot and sticky all I did was go to my aqua class.

Thursday was a busier day, Tim and I went out for lunch after which I had a lay down and then it was time to head over to the hospital for my appointment with the neurologist Tom Wellings to get the results to my MRI it was normal and no further action required. I also asked about my headaches he wants me to change one of my medications, this means going down in strength of one medication till I come off it and starting the new one at a low dosage increasing to I reach full strength.

This also means that there will be a time when I become more emotional.

People may remember last December I had a mini breakdown and was super emotional because I had run out of one of my depression medications, well the medication I have to come off is the same medication I had run out of back then.

Friday didn't start out great, it was overcast and wet, Natasha slept in and I dropped and broke a container that held my face powder that used to belong to my great-aunt. I didn't get upset over it because as I said to Tasha getting upset isn't going to change anything or un-break it.

Dad hasn't been great either he had a slight fever and because of the weather dad wasn't able to leave the house.

On Saturday I woke up feeling like shit, Tim had hoped to put up the new shed but it is raining, so not going to happen this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there on the med change. Just tell yourself that it doesn't get to beat you. The body can lie to you, but you know the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to hear of your tribulations. The change in medication can easily be one of the very hardest segments of your life; intellectually, you know what's wrong, but that knowledge won't fix it. Eventually the new medication will take effect and you'll be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris......Yeah I know

    Mad Jack....So true I am hoping everything will work out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some adjustment takes time to get used to. Hope you will be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and walking

  Well, here we are at another Friday so here is a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease, this week we are looking a bit more at walking with P...