Wednesday 10 January 2024

Aussie Slang Pt 1 for 2024


For a little while this year I will continue to share some Aussie Slang words and phrases, why because I am only up to S in my list of slang and I can't leave it there.

She'll be right: To turn out ok

Shit House: To be of poor quality, unenjoyable as in this car is a shit house, a broken, run down mess. It also means toilet.........Der

Der: I don't think I have covered Der before it means stupid or obvious

Snag: A sausage

Spag Bol: Spaghetti Bolognese


11 comments:

  1. Shit house and der are certainly common around here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Shit house" was perfectly clear to all the children at school, but perhaps best not to say to a teacher or parent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep as a child I thought some grown ups got their knickers in a knot over little things like saying "shit house"

      Delete
  3. Over here instead of Der it's Duh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep heard of Duh as well but not said by me as much as "der"

      Delete
  4. Very interesting. Now I have a few words and phrases I can use and no one will have a clue to their meaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems strange to me that other people don't know what some of my everyday words mean

      Delete
  5. I think S-house is universal, Jo-Anne. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

BPD Identity Disturbance

  So here we at Thursday so it is time for a post about Borderline Personality Disorder. This week we are looking at identity disturbance. T...