Thursday 3 August 2023

Word of the week

Good morning because it is morning here and another cold morning but we are suppose to be in for another warm day, thankfully we have many warm winter days after a bloody cold start to the day.

Well it is time for this weeks word of the week and I have chosen a word my Nana/Grandmother use to say a lot when driving, as she didn't swear.


Mongrel: Dog of no definable type or breed


Any animal or plant resulting crossing of different types or breeds.


Despicable person or exasperating thing


Mixed origin or character

12 comments:

  1. I wish I had Nana's mouth... I've cut down, but I want zero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, never use to swear but the last few years has seen that change

      Delete
  2. We used to use mongrel all the time for a miserable bastard of a human being, yes. But I haven't heard it for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't a word you hear very often now days but when I do I think of Nan

      Delete
  3. I've never heard mongrel used for the definition your grandma used--lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan said it a lot when driving, the road was full of mongrels

      Delete
  4. Have used that word in the past, not so much these days Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard that word used in the sense that your Nana used it, Jo-Anne. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive heard the word before used as a replacement cuss word. I also remember my folks would call stray dogs mongrels. Eventually all these words will just go away. I read a thing recently words and phrases that were popular in different era - I would have never known because no one uses them any more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah once some words were common place and now never heard of

    ReplyDelete

BPD Identity Disturbance

  So here we at Thursday so it is time for a post about Borderline Personality Disorder. This week we are looking at identity disturbance. T...