Saturday 19 August 2023

Jo-Anne's Thoughts

            SUE AND ME NOT A GOOD PHOTO BUT THE ONLY ONE I COULD FIND
 


Hello everyone it is Saturday morning here, due to one thing or another I didn't get around to doing Jo-Anne's Thoughts yesterday.

I was all set to start the post after I did a letter for my sister concerning the water leak she had in her flat during the week. Her flat was in a right mess from all the water which came from her hot water system and took 4 days to be repaired. The first guy who was sent out she believes may have been more a handyman then a plumber as he didn't appear to really know what he was doing. He in fact according to the second guy who went out to fix the problem made the problem worse my sister said he took a blow torch to the pipes.

Now you may be wondering why she asked me to do a letter to her rental company, well because our dad is dead and sadly cannot do it. Over the years my dad wrote many letters of complaint about one thing or another. Dad had a way with words setting things out just right. I have also written many letters of complaint about this or that over the years and since dad isn't here to do the letter for Sue she asked me and of course I said I would do it. She did come over and spent an hour or so going through the letter adding this or that. She was left without any water for over 24 hours and had to take 3 days off work waiting around her flat for the plumber.

I hope it helps her, she wants to be reimbursed for lost wages and doesn't want to be liable for the excess water bill. As she feels it wasn't her fault and she notified them as soon as she noticed the leak when she got up Monday morning.

Both me and dad didn't just like complaining but have also written many letters complimenting companies about different things.

Tim has made many complaints about our leaking roof all verbal over the phone for the most part but he gets angry and sounds abusive at times, these things do not help in my opinion being rude and sounding abusive only gets the poor person on the other end of the phone upset and pissed off. As they personally are not responsible for the problem we may have.

Are you a complainer?

Do you complement good work or service?

5 comments:

  1. I have been known to be a Tim, usually having to eat my words as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not hire a plumber or any other tradie into the house without checking his/her previous customers' experience very carefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you rent you have to make do with who the landlord sends

      Delete
  3. Goodness, water does make a mess.
    We don't seem to complain in this house about things, if anything goes wrong we get it fixed and because where we live it's easier I suppose Jo-Anne. It is a nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though my parents also rented my dad also did most of the minor repairs himself instead of calling the dept of housing to see to it.

      Delete

Australian's Under Fire in PNG

  Ok it is time for some more about Australia under fire in 1942 starting off this week with Port Moresby, which is in the PNG or Papua New ...