Sunday 20 August 2023

Week 33 of 2023

 I am up and dressed ready for the day, not as cold this morning but then I am wearing warmer pants then I did the last few days.

Manage to do the food shopping without a problem.

I have another day of bad back pain.

I feel fat lately.

It was raining when I got up this morning and for the first time in ages my hands are sweating and I needed to get my wet hand towels for my computer chair.

Sam will need to get Jess to accompany them up the front to meet the driver.

Rained on and off all morning.

I helped Tim do his tax return we owe $1,888 or something like this he wasn't surprised as with the government scrapped the tax free threshold. Also when we noted that in one part it said we didn't need to pay the medicare levy but at the end it said we had to pay $1,888 medicare levy. He tried to ring the ATO but couldn't get to speak to anyone. This was very frustrating.

No rain this morning and not as cold as yesterday. Sam did my socks for me.

Blain turned up at just after 9am to wait here till after assembly was done as he was running late and decided to skip assembly.

The food shopping turned up at 11.40am, I unpacked it and did my fruit for the week on my own.

Tasha brought down a pair of pants she stuffed up while trying to shorten and lost her shit over and ask Tim if he could see to them he said he would.

I was surprised when Tasha turned up to help me get ready for bed she hasn't done that in months.

Up dressed and ready for the day, Tim did tend to Tasha's pants so that is good, I just hope she is happy with what he did.

While waiting for Sam's driver someone, not me couldn't their phone, ran back to house to check still couldn't find it. How do you go from having to not having in under 5minutes. Sam had to go to school without unless it is in Sam's bag or a pocket.

The cleaners came at 11am.

I am feeling super tired this afternoon.

I thought I could hear rain when I was having my morning wash but when I got out to the lounge room and looked outside it looked ok with no rain. Pretty damn cold though.

I rang Sam 8 times before I went over and banged on his door, waking him up he was very apologetic about me having to go there in person, he said he didn't hear his phone which was right next to him.

Tim has two appointments today so I am home alone for a change.

I sorted out the cupboard in Tim's office, it looks so much better. Now to get him to sort out his desk, not an area I wish to deal with. I wouldn't like anyone messing with my desk.

Tasha coming to help this afternoon again, she said she will do Tuesday's & Thursday's.

A new day, I spent the last couple of hours in bed trying to get my brain to shut down and stop thinking about random stuff.

Sue wants me to do a letter to her estate agent about the water leak that has taken 4 days to be fixed. So I am doing that this morning, Sue arrived to help with information so it could be a full outline of events. It took about an hour to complete then I sent it from my Gmail account.

She is hoping to be reimbursed for her lost wages and doesn't want to be liable for the extra water charges. I hope they come to the party for her.

Saturday here and after a good nights sleep I was up at 4.50am. After unpacking the dishwasher I got my breakie and started work at the computer.

Kathy and Summer came over but Kathy didn't do any type of housework I just couldn't think what I would like either of them to do. She did take my letters to post for me which was good.

Summer said she had a good time in Canberra but the food at the place they stayed was horrible.

Also she ended up sharing a bunk with another girl, she was on the top the other girl the bottom but didn't like sleeping there alone and climbed up and shared Summer's bunk.

6 comments:

  1. What was a tax free threshold and why did it end? I relied on an accountant to know that sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tax free threshold was about $18,000which meant we didn't pay tax on the first $18,000 earned but it has been scrapped by the bloody government according to Tim and others, I don't really know as I don't have an income or pay tax myself

      Delete
  2. Nice of you to help family with letters that need to be written. Also nice that Tasha is turning up to help you. Sounds like a pretty good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week, I don't mind doing letters for the family

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have the equivalent of our "Obamacare"- expensive to use, difficult to figure out, pain at tax time.

    ReplyDelete

Australian's Under Fire in PNG

  Ok it is time for some more about Australia under fire in 1942 starting off this week with Port Moresby, which is in the PNG or Papua New ...