Wednesday 16 August 2023

Aussie Slang

 Well hello world, I typed today's post up yesterday only to have it not save causing me to loss it when the computer did an update and restart over night and now have to start again. Bloody annoying....


Here are this weeks slang words and sayings...........


Doovalacky.....The word you use when you can't remember somethings name just like a thingamajig.....


Earbashing.....Nagging or non stop chattering


Esky......Large insulated container for food and drinks


Fair suck of the sav.......Exclamation of wonder,awe or disbelief


Fairy Floss......Candy floss or cotton candy

8 comments:

  1. Doovalacky... I think in American might be doohickey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ones Jo-Anne. I have a friend who always says the first one because she can't think of the name of the 'thing'.
    Hate that when you type something and bang it disappears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually use the word thingamajig a lot
      Losing work is annoying

      Delete
  3. Some of these may need to make it into my vocab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here it would be doohickey or thingamajig (or my shorter version--"thingie"). Lol! I hadn't heard of any of them but I find earbashing to be quite descriptive. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Australian's Under Fire in PNG

  Ok it is time for some more about Australia under fire in 1942 starting off this week with Port Moresby, which is in the PNG or Papua New ...