Friday 9 June 2023

Jo-Anne's Thoughts

 Well here we are at another Friday and what a bloody cold morning it is, when I laid away trying to sleep during the night I found myself thinking about hobbies. I have a few such blogging and writing to pen pals, which I have been doing since I was 14. I have always loved reading which I have done since, well as long as I can remember. I wrote my hobbies back in 2013 but this isn't just about me.

Tim, however, doesn't have any hobbies and hasn't had since I have known him when he was younger it didn't seem to matter but now it is different.

He is seeing a counsellor who has commented that he really should try and find a hobby but he says he has no idea what type of hobby. I suggested he think about what type of thins that he might like to try or take up just to see if it is for him but he seems to thinks he is to old to do that. Rubbish................

My dad never read a book till 2009 when going through lung cancer he wanted something to do instead of just watching telly. He discovered he liked true stories Australian history and always had a book with him from then on.

When dad retired he got interested in our family genealogy, well he was interested before then but got right into in after he retired.

Mum was a knitter from a young age and for most of her life she was a reader of books in her later years she just read magazines.



12 comments:

  1. He needs something to do, to keep the mind from becoming depressed. It's no sin to "waste time" on a hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You are never too old to find new interests. Makes your life so much fuller! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a lot of men who don't have a hobby but I'm sure he will find something to do to occupy himself Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so having only one working arm doesn't help

      Delete
  4. There's always something new to learn, no matter how old we get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to write and I like to develop new recipes, as you know, but I'm also a voracious reader, always habve books loaded on my kindle and my ipad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books teach us so much and can take us off on a journey in our minds

      Delete
  6. My experiences with hobbies... diving, climbing, hiking and knitting, sewing... reading... and I love to travel :-) I am currently sewing a pair of pants for myself and a matching top...
    I wish you much joy - a hug from me.
    ...p.s. the youtube videos are so great these days, you can learn so many great things from them... i use them in sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to watch youtube clips about history and like trivia clips that test my memory and knowledge

      Delete

Earth Facts/Weather

  It is Monday and the last day of the school holidays. It is also time for thi s week’s facts, this week we are looking at weather. The w...