Friday 30 June 2023

Jo-Anne's Thoughts

 Here we are at another Friday and this is the last day of school for two weeks. Anyway it is the day for a Jo-Anne's thoughts.

I am so over this cold weather my feet are frozen and I have found my fingerless gloves which doesn't help my feet.

I know I complain about the cold just like I complain about the heat, it is just the way life is. When it comes to the cold it isn't as cold as it is in other parts of the world but even though that is the case for me and others it feels really cold. It is rare for us to have temperatures in the minus single digits are as low as we generally get.

I live in an area that doesn't get snow, I have seen snow while on holiday and liked it but wouldn't like to live in such an area.

I guess what we grow up with is what is most natural for a person I have lived in and around this area all my life so it is what is what I am use to.

Due to the high cost of electricity many people myself and Tim included try not to use heaters, I do of course when I get up in the morning for an hour or so. It is sad when people feel they have to make do with a blanket and warm clothes over a heater.

I know that some people move into an area with snow because that is what they like. I guess such people wouldn't find 8 degrees that cold it is I believe around the mid 40s in Fahrenheit.

For now I will continue to whinge and bitch about the bloody cold till it is time to whinge and bitch about the heat, and Tim will complain about running the air conditioner because of the cost of electricity.

10 comments:

  1. I don't go through as much as you but the cost od=f natural gas and electricity is high here where I am BUT not as high as it seems yours is. most everyone I know keeps the thermostat lower than they want to in the winter and higher than they would like in the summer because it is expensive. Sounds like it's worse for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really don't know how high the bill will be as the rates have only just gone up, but we will see.

      Delete
  2. Katie Isabella loves when you come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how cold it gets where you live Jo-Anne. In winter we have our ducted heating going 24/7 and it doesn't seem to cost a lot, in total our bill for all our electricity doesn't cost that much, well in my book. I kind of wonder what the cost is in other parts of Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect Tim maybe over reacting about the cost, only time will tell

      Delete
  4. I am so blessed to have both heat and air conditioning when needed, Jo-Anne. We don't run either at maximum capacity in order to save electricity, too.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up with snow and love to ski, but driving in it is another story. I'd be happy to live without the snow, but would still like to experience the four seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! Love the conclusion!

    ReplyDelete

Earth Facts/Weather

  It is Monday and the last day of the school holidays. It is also time for thi s week’s facts, this week we are looking at weather. The w...