Friday 16 June 2023

Jo-Anne's Thoughts

 Hello world, it is Friday and of course that means it is my thoughts day and today I am thinking about death, not a pleasant topic but it is something that comes to us all and touches as all.

Last night well early hours of this morning like after midnight I found myself laying in bed shaking while trying to settle and go back to sleep. Laying there I started thinking about my Aunty Pat who passed yesterday morning, she was dad's older sister so in her 80's.

My mind went to the first time someone I knew and was related to that being my cousin Bradley way back in the mid 80's. The next death that upset me was that of my Uncle John, Aunty Pat's husband and Bradley's father he was also my favourite uncle.

Both my paternal grandparents have passed but I wasn't close to either of them, I knew my Poppy Jenkins better but we were not close.

The next death to affect me was that of Poppy James, Mum's father he passed on the 4th November 2010, I had a good relationship with him. It wasn't till 19th November 2016 when my Nanna passed away I was very close to her and it hit me pretty hare. Although in no way as much as the death of my dad on 21st April 2019 that rocked me and I was just starting to get over it when on the 12 April 2021 mum died. I am now at last starting to feel like Jo-Anne again and not a body going through the motions.

I truly feel for those who have lost children, I really don't know how I would cope with such a loss.

I thought again last night how lucky I am to have lived over half a century without being seriously affected by the death of a loved one. Also I believe there is an afterlife and we will be reunited again. Some people don't have such a belief.

9 comments:

  1. It's not easy. You might remember, I lost a dog, a best friend, and a brother in law in 3 week's time. "Going through the motions" pretty well captures it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah going through the motions is what most of us do

      Delete
  2. I lost my first son in September, and as you can imagine, the shock is still just as strong. But love from friends, church members and family help sustain me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pain would be barely tolerable but with help, love and support we get through

      Delete
  3. Even if death is a part of our journey in this life, we can look forward to living eternally with God, Jo-Anne.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I'd be able to settle at all if I were to lay in bed thinking of all the people I'd lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Death is inevitable but its the the grieving part that totally sucks. I have a hard time with that part...

    ReplyDelete

Earth Facts/Weather

  It is Monday and the last day of the school holidays. It is also time for thi s week’s facts, this week we are looking at weather. The w...