Saturday 24 June 2023

An Author I Like........Tim Bowden

Hello everyone here I am on another cold Saturday and as I sit here listen to a book by Tim Bowden I thought I would share a little about this author.

Timothy Gibson Bowden AM, is an Australian author, radio and television broadcaster and producer, and oral historian. He was born in Hobart, Tasmania, and studied at the University of Tasmania, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree. He was born in Hobart on the 2 August 1937.

I only discovered his books last year I think, he has written many books about Australians during the second world war which I really enjoy. Like my father I love books about Australian history.

You can find more about him here: https://www.timbowden.com.au/



7 comments:

  1. I read a lot. It's great to find an author you like, then go explore what other books they've written. This post made me smile, it reminded me of my grandmother, who loved history books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it made you smile, my dad loved history books as well ones that are about real events

      Delete
  2. Sounds like he has authored some very interesting historical type books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he's the guy you mentioned that I put on my Amazon wish list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good be his books are interesting, the one I am listening to is about the Outram Road Goal a Japanese POW camp during WW11

      Delete

Earth Facts/Weather

  It is Monday and the last day of the school holidays. It is also time for thi s week’s facts, this week we are looking at weather. The w...