Thursday 30 June 2022

A POEM

 

Pain Of A Broken Heart

© 

Published: December 2007

Tears of blood fall from my broken heart.
I never thought we would be apart.

When you held me, you said "forever."
Now that you're gone, I know you meant "never."

Saying you love me with that look in your eye,
And that was a cold-hearted lie.

Your tender touch, a soft kiss,
Two things about you I will miss.

As I sit here thinking about you,
My face is wet with tears past due.

I should've cried a long time ago,
But I loved you so.

I know they say love is blind,
But I had only you on my mind.

A hurt so deep it cuts like a knife,
But wounds heal and I'll go on with my life.



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/pain-of-broken-heart-poem

3 comments:

  1. A sad love poem. Good that the poet realized that wounds heal and life must go on. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...