Wednesday 1 June 2022

DRAMAON MONDAY NIGHT AT MY PLACE













 

At around 6ish tonight I was laying in bed listening to music when I heard an a bloody loud noise like an explosion and I struggled out of bed to find a large branch from the neighbours tree in our roof, part of the tree was on the roof.

Tim rang the DoH who told him to ring 000 and they sent the SES who came and told us it was unsafe and we couldn't stay in the house. So one will go to Jess and the other to Tasha's.

Well last night was a shit night, Jess tried to get us emergency housing but we got messed around so I ended up in Leo's bed and Tim stayed at Tasha's. It was a rough night for both of us.

Barry Gold from the DoH arrived and checked the house and arranged for someone to remove the tree and cover the roof with a tarp. He also put us in touch with a woman who has arranged for us to have 2 nights accommodation at a motel in Belmont 20 minutes from home.

Spent all day at Jess's place bored with nothing to do, even thou I asked for someone to bring me my laptop.

Sandy came over to check on me and it was great seeing her and getting big hugs.

Around 1pm we went to the motel it is a basic room but it is only 2 nights and at lest I have my laptop and a TV to watch.


6 comments:

  1. Holy cr*p!!!! :-0

    OMC, I'm glad you're safe, but....!!!!!

    Sending tons of positive energy to you all, as you get through this, Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that sucks.

    You know, I was concerned about you - it had been a LONG time since your last post. 2 weeks. I went back through your posts and found your mailing address and was just today going to send you a card...I was so happy to see your post. (not of the tree through the roof)

    That's crazy about the tree. When do you think they can repair your home? Aren't you guys starting to head into winter?

    Happy you're alright -

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you and your family are okay!

    I've never been evicted from my home due to a natural catastrophe, but I'm betting it sucks pond scum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you guys are okay!!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am just happy no one was hurt! That is some incredible damage. This was a crap weekend for all of us, it would seem...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kea..........Thank you, taking it one day at a time

    Debby.......Yep no internet for ages the new modem arrived on Tuesday after the drama have internet here at the motel. They are repairing iti now, we are here again tonight.

    Jack.........Thanks it could have been worse

    Rita.......Thannk you we are ok

    Chris.........That's for sure

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...