Thursday 23 July 2020

Thursday's Words


TOAST OF FOREVER
BY: Josh Mertens

You're the one I can't live without.
This fact is true, I have no doubt.
I love the way you smile at me.
I love the way together we're free.
You may be strange and slightly loony,
But all this means nothing to me,
Because you are who you are,
And I can see your beauty
Inside and out,
Which is what threw me.

When every day I see you,
Till then I cannot wait.
To know what we will go through
Is in the hands of fate.
The first time that I saw you,
I knew I must steal your heart.
I hope that it's mine forever
And that we never do part.

You are the one I love the most,
And to this here fact, I propose a toast;
May we grow old and still have fun,
Because I love you and my heart you've won.



7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful word-hug, hope Tim appreciates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jo-Anne, how wonderful to have someone say that to his or her beloved. It's a true benediction. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful expression of love to a love one. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Nice poem by Josh Mertens, a typical Dutch surname that we had in my home town!
    All of us could write a similar poem and it is the bond between two people that tightens over time and knows a depth with no end.
    Nothing like romance but true love and support till the end.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret D.....Yes it is

    Chris......I think he does

    Dee.....You're so right

    Nancy......I agree

    Mariettie.....You're so right

    ReplyDelete

Creature Day----Potoo

  Well, hello everyone time for another freaky creature, this week we have the Potoo. It is found in South American forest, if you saw it si...