Wednesday 22 September 2021

POEM DAY

 

Dirty Face

Shel SilversteinBy  More Shel Silverstein

Where did you get such a dirty face,
My darling dirty-faced child?
I got it from crawling along in the dirt
And biting two buttons off Jeremy's shirt.
I got it from chewing the roots of a rose
And digging for clams in the yard with my nose.
I got it from peeking into a dark cave
And painting myself like a Navajo brave.
I got it from playing with coal in the bin
And signing my name in cement with my chin.
I got if from rolling around on the rug
And giving the horrible dog a big hug.
I got it from finding a lost silver mine
And eating sweet blackberries right off the vine.
I got it from ice cream and wrestling and tears
And from having more fun than you've had in years.



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/dirty-face-by-shel-silverstein

4 comments:

  1. Nice poem. Looking back, it was fun being a kid without any care or worry. I used to get scolding from mom for untidy hair and dirty clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy...........I think most of us did

    Margaret D........>It is

    Debby.......Yep

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Creature Day----Potoo

  Well, hello everyone time for another freaky creature, this week we have the Potoo. It is found in South American forest, if you saw it si...