Friday 19 February 2021

what Jo-Anne Thinks

 Hello everyone on this some what wet morning here in my part of Newie............

So it's Friday and that means it is what Jo-Anne thinks day and today I am thinking about, happiness............

Happiness is more then a state of mind, it is linked to our whole body when we are in pain all the bloody time it can have a negative effect oh how happy we feel.

I do believe that we can choose to have a positive happy inspiring thoughts over negative thought and to a degree we can choose to be happy. Yes I know it's not that simple but I feel it is harder to be happy when you find unhappy thought trying to take over.

Happiness is different for each different person, some people find their happiness has a lot to do with their work. Others it has a lot to do with their friends and then there are people like me who find happiness is linked to family.

I choose to see the good in people and things, this does not mean that I am always happy and cheerful, being happy & cheerful do not have to go hand in hand. They just often do...............

Sadly for some being happy & cheerful are a mask to hide sadness and unhappiness. Worse still it can be a mask for depression. Depression will be a different post.


9 comments:

  1. You are an amazing person.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts. I struggle with depressive tendencies, so have to consciously work at changing my mindset. I've recently downloaded a free, non-profit meditation app and have started that, and I do keep a journal where I write down the positive things about the day. There are lots of tools to help us manage our minds, it's a matter of finding what works for us. I have a dear friend who is naturally optimistic and cheerful and sometimes I envy her, but then I remember that (as I believe) we all have our life lessons to learn, and our souls have their own journey through this life.

    I this quote on my bulletin board in my home office: "Life's hard. Choose Joy anyway." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about attitude. Think positive thoughts and positivity will come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that being happy is a choice, but without a doubt there are times when it's easier and times when it's really difficult. The good thing is, on the bad days you know that you get to try again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it starts with positivity. Positive thoughts will usually result in happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is not easy to be happy when we are sick or our whole body is in pain. But we can choose to see things on the positive side and able to give thanks for the good things in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janie......Thank you

    Kea........Thanksm it is a struggle

    Mama........Yes indeed

    Karen.....,I agree 100%

    Juli....Yes it d oes

    nancy....I know it is

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flip side being, I believe we have a tendency to make sadness our idol. Great post, loving these "what I think" posts!

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...