Friday 12 February 2021

What Jo-Anne Thinks

 

Here we are with another what Jo-Anne thinks posy, today I am thinking about rude doctors something we encountered yesterday.


I know I am not the only person to have encountered one, but still what the hell is with them. Also why do we not think of a come back answer till after the visit is over with.

Yesterday Leo had an appointment with a new pediatrician and we all left saying to each other that he was rude and bossy. This man who said he had a lot of training in dealing with children, really didn't seem to know how to speak to someone with ODD, ADHD & Autism.


Telling a child like Leo to “man up” and take a, Leo reacted badly and said “hell no, ain't gonna happen”..........., this dufus, went on and on about it for a few more minutes. He wanted to switch Leo from short acting to long acting medication, yes it might be easier but Leo isn't interested as yet.


There is a doctor at my GP practice that is rude and I refuse to see the man.


I have wondered at times if these rude people realise they are rude...........


I also wonder at times if they would care if they knew????????


7 comments:

  1. They probably wouldn't care if they knew they were rude. It's their way or no way. Sometimes it's just their personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some of them don't realize and some don't care. Like you--I avoid them after I encounter them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some may not know but some just don't care what people think about them. If I have a choice, I too would avoid seeing them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happened once with my boys' pediatrician. I never went back, found a new doctor capable of showing respect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaert D......I think you are right

    Rita......It is the best way if possible

    Nancy.......I get that

    Karen...........I wouldn't go back if I had a choice

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's not the way to treat Leo. He won't trust a doctor who speaks to him that way, and you won't.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. My doctor is to-the-point to a fault, but not rude. I'd have given that guy a hearty KMA on the way out.

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...