Thursday 4 July 2019

Poem Thursday No 16


Hello Thursday afternoon, it is a cold but mostly dry day but you don't care about the weather,so here is something you may care about.

Sometimes our thoughts turn
back toward a corner in a forest, or
the end of a bank, or an orchard
powered with flowers, seen but a
single time....yet remaining in our
hearts and leaving in soul and body
an unappeased desire which is not
to be forgiven, a feeling we have
just rubbed elbows with happiness


BY: Guy De Maupassant

6 comments:

  1. So true. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this author, beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bow the author as well and this is a fine one for us here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not thought of Guy de Maupassant in many years. Thank you for reminding me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo-Anne ... what a gorgeous poem ... reminds me of our verges where they're creating wildflower 'meadows' for mammals, insects and birds to live and feed - while connecting other areas. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy........agreed, most days are good

    Margaret.....Indeed

    Natalia......Yes beautiful

    Katie.......Pleased you liked

    Janie.......I am glad I could do that

    Hilary......Yes it is a lovely poem

    ReplyDelete

Australians Under Fire Intro Pt 1

  So, after going through some stuff, I found this book called Australians Under Fire 1942 and have decoded to use it for my Wednesday posts...