Sunday 7 April 2024

Week 14 of 2024

 


I am up, washed and dressed ready for the day, the front and back sliding doors are open even though it is only 17 degrees, but I don’t like the thought of the house smelling stuffy or as my daughter would say smelling like old people and opening the doors and windows can stop that.

Apple, jelly, and custard for breakie.

It is 9am and I am drenched in sweat and my phone, and the laptop say it is only 20 degrees, so I checked the thermometer on the wall it says 21 degrees.

Ok by midday it was 26 degrees, and I was still sweating.

DAWSON’S BIRTHDAY HE IS 25 TODAY

Well, it is Monday and no school today being a public holiday, it is only 16 degrees this morning but still I opened the doors, the temp by 9am was 19 degrees. Got to a high of 27 degrees.

I finished writing letters this morning I have 8 without stamps and 5 with stamps ready to go.

Tim had me wake him at 9am as we are going shopping.

Tim and I went to Kmart, Kathy & Summer met us there, and Kathy was a help. I managed to get new undies, socks 1 top and 1 pair of pants that Tim will need to cut off for me. I have decided I will buy new shorts next Summer. I managed to walk around the shop pushing a trolley without issue, this made me happy.

Hard a hard time settling last night due to my feet moving so much but once I did get to sleep, I slept well.

It was 16 degrees when I got up, now 2hrs later it is 17 degrees. By midday it is a nice warmish 27 degrees.

By 7.30am I checked all my emails, visited a number of blogs, printed my diary entry for yesterday and now I have nothing to do, oh I also made a dental appointment inline for tomorrow at 12.15pm. I have no more pen pal letters to write, I even wrote a few yesterday to pals I haven’t heard from in a while.

Made a dentist appointment for tomorrow, then Tim tells me he will not be here and can’t take me at the same time Sue sent me a text asking how I was, and I told her, and she said she will take me.

Also sent Sandy a text asking if she wanted any of the stuff in the freezer I don’t want, and she said she does so she will come over at some point and get that.

Tim has driven Jess & Sam to Belmont hospital as Sam has an appointment with the paediatrician and Jess didn’t want to deal with the parking there.

Sam took the test to get his learners permit and passed now just to learn how to drive. Jess took Sam for a small drive and when they returned Sam walked in and said driving is terrifying.

Up, washed and dressed for the day it is somewhat cool here with a temp of only 14 degrees.

Opened the doors at least for a little bit, but it was too cold so shut them after half an hour.

By 9am it was 17 degrees, the temp got to 24 degrees.

Sue took to the dentist; she didn’t have as much trouble getting it as I thought she would.

As the numbness wears off the pain is increasing and even though I fell asleep pretty quick I was awake at 9pm with a sore mouth and got up and took more paracetamol.

Once I feel asleep after taking the paracetamol last night I settled again and slept through the night. It felt odd not brushing my teeth, but the dentist said it is better not to brush for 3 days.

It was 17 degrees when I got up at 5am.

By 7am I started to feel like shit, my mouth hurts, I have a headache and I feel nauseous and tired. I did go back to bed for a while.

Sue came over she was in a bit of state as she is having more problems with her Ex, also she got paid but after paying bills she had only $60 left for food shopping and had to cut down her shopping list. I gave her a $50 gift card for Big W and when I told Tim he was fine with me doing so.

Tim has gone into Adamstown for some appointment, the more the day goes on the worse I feel.

I slept well and woke to pain in my jaw and a headache, now I don’t feel great but not as bad as I did yesterday arvo. Another wet day with a temp of 19 degrees.

Kathy rang but we only chatted for a few minutes as I am feeling like shit still.

I walked Sam up the front using the walker in light rain and just managed to get home before it started coming down heavy, the heavy rain didn’t last long.

Tim’s physio Zoe came she is pleased with his progress, he also had a phone call from his Youi case manager. He is going to make sure the cleaners do not come back again, as well as chase up what is happening with the person who is supposed to be helping Tim with a resume and find a job.

I woke around 4am with a lot of pain in my jaw but managed to stick it out till 5am when I got up and took medication. It was 15 degrees at 5am but by 1pm it was 26 degrees.

It is a somewhat coldish morning well with the doors open it is I will have to close the front door because of the cold.

Tim has taken Sam for a driving lesson, in Jess’s car.

I am shaking a lot this afternoon and sweating of course.

Tim asked me this afternoon if my condition will get worse, answer, yes over time it will. He then asked me if I would end up in a nursing home, all I said was that is a long way off, if it at all. I don’t know what the future holds and all we can do is take life one day at a time.

 

 

 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Here’s a big HUG for you Jo-Anne. Just because! You have a good attitude. None of us know what our future holds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hug I appreciate it, I am not one to dwell on what might happen

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it is cooling off a bit your way. It is slowly warming up my way. I'm glad to hear you got out shopping and did okay just using the cart! Nice! I hope you have a good week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it felt good being able to go shopping and I was pleased I managed so well

      Delete
  3. Kind of amazes me that Tim waited so long to ask that. Not dealing with something is still dealing with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not the first time he has asked that and I doubt it will be the last

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh I am not a fan of dentists. Hope you are doing better with that now. Keeping busy ... that's a good thing. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My jaw is sore to touch but no longer aching r causing a lot of pain

      Delete
  5. Letters? And stamps? I remember what they used to be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write a lot of letters, although I have been out of letters to answer for about a week, I hope some arrive this week

      Delete
  6. One day at a time is all we can actually do - it does no good to worry about the future and what might happen. Let's leave that all in God's hands.
    Blessings, Jo-Anne, and have a better week!

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease and constipation as well as skin issues

  Ok it is Friday, so it is time for another post about Parkinson’s Disease. When you think about Parkinson’s do you connect it with const...