Monday 29 April 2024

Earth Facts/Weather

 


It is Monday and the last day of the school holidays.

It is also time for this week’s facts, this week we are looking at weather.

The word weather is used to describe the conditions in the atmosphere close to the Earth’s surface.

The Sun plays a crucial part in determining the weather. Its rays have the strongest effect where they hit the ground around the planet’s surface or the equator. So, the further away from the equator the colder it is.

Regions along the equator receive the same strength of sunlight all year round, these places only have two distinguishable seasons, wet and dry.

Heat from the sun causes water from the seas to evaporate, as the water vapour rises and cools it condenses, forming tiny water droplets which group together to form clouds.

Weather conditions change throughout the year because the Earth is tilted on its axis. As the Earth orbits the Sun, the Suns rays fall on different areas causing the seasons.

15 comments:

  1. when I first learned these facts in school it left me with a life long love of learning about weather..all phases of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was "into" weather because he was a contractor. Bad weather meant he and his crew did not work. We always had the weather on. I basically cut my front teeth on the weather! Then when I had my own home and family, I was "into" weather as well. No real reason other than it was now an interest. When M-TV came out and the Weather Channel my middle son would sit and watch the "weather Channel" So we have three generations that are really into the weather and following it. All because of my Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use to have a weather channel that was interesting to watch, still have the channel, just not so interesting now

      Delete
  3. Yup ... weather was all important on the ranch when we were trying to grow enough to feed the cattle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew these facts because my husband and my brother are self-proclaimed weather geeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They seem to have become more accurate over the years at weather prediction, too. Can never be totally predicted, of course. Weather is too unpredictable. But they are closer than they used to be--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the interesting facts that you shared. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These facts bring back memories of our school days, we learned that too

    ReplyDelete

Kinkajou

  Hi everyone, my freaky creature book is up to South America and the first creature it shows is the Kinkajou, have you heard of it, the nam...