Monday 1 April 2024

Easter Facts

 


Here we at another Monday and since it is Easter this week’s facts are about Easter.

The Easter Bunny legend began in Germany.

The holiday was named after the Anglo-Saxon Goddess, Eostre

More than 1.5 million Cadbury Creme Eggs are produced every day.

The act of painting eggs originates from a Ukrainian tradition.

The world’s largest Easter egg weighs in at 5000lbs. Standing 31ft tall and 18ft wide is the world’s largest Easter egg. Found in Vegreville, Alberta, Canada, the egg weighs a hefty 5000 lbs and took 12,000 hours to complete, it’s

named the Vegreville Pysanka, the world’s largest Easter egg is actually more of a jigsaw than a sculpture, as it is made from 3500 pieces of aluminium.

 

12 comments:

  1. Facts I didn't know. Blessings, Jo-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, one thing I DON'T want at Easter is Cadbury Creme Eggs. The marshmallow ones are better! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, have never liked the Creme Eggs much

      Delete
  3. Those are interesting facts. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to google that largest Easter egg. OMGosh! It looks as big or bigger than some town water towers! Really something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought it was bloody big, I was going to add a photo to the post but was having trouble with my hands, so I didn't

      Delete
  5. Been a long time since I did eggs. Used to be such a highlight back then...

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease and constipation as well as skin issues

  Ok it is Friday, so it is time for another post about Parkinson’s Disease. When you think about Parkinson’s do you connect it with const...