Monday 17 July 2023

Five Questions From A Blogger

 

Here I am this Monday answering 5 questions sent by another blogger. I have forward these questions to Carole at https://ramblingon-ramblingon.blogspot.com/ for her answers.


Are you a native Australian? How many generations of your family were born there?

Yes I am a native Aussie going back I think 5 generations on Dad's side and I think the same on Mum's side so I am 6 generation Australian

If you could have dinner with one historical figure, who would it be and why?

This made me think trying to come up with someone and decided on Edith Cowan born Edith Dircksey Cowan in 1861 and lived to 1932 she was an Australian social reformer who worked for the rights and welfare of women and children. She is best known as the first Australian woman to serve as a member of parliament. Cowan has been featured on the reverse of Australia's 50-dollar note since 1995. Why her, well I am fascinated with women who have fought for women's rights.

What would you consider your greatest accomplishment?

In many ways I have accomplished very little in my life but I have raised 3 wonderful daughters and have 4 amazing grandchildren, which is one type of accomplishment.

Other than your loved ones, what is your most treasured possession?

I don't think I have one and I have thought about this question for a while.

Before blogging, what, if any, was your main mode of personal expression?

In the days before blogging which was a long time ago as I have been blogging since 2007 or 2005 I can't remember which. Anyway back in those dark days before blogging I use to do a family newsletter 4 times a year so that would be my answer.

14 comments:

  1. Great answers! Wonderful children in this world is a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What more important than raising wonderful children!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edith Cowan is an inspired choice. I haven't heard her legacy to the nation being discussed for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raising children is a great achievement as we learn along the way and hope we are right Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You indeed have a great achievement in raising your children. I have been about to already know how wonderful the are by the help they give you. I will write of this topic my blog now that you have done yours. Thank you for the opportunity, Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I feel like I have done good with my girls and grandchildren

      Delete
  6. I consider raising my children to be a great accomplishment, especially since I had to navigate with them through my divorce. Publishing my six novels was also quite the milestone for me.
    Blessings, Jo-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Publishing a novel would amazing six is bloody marvellous

      Delete
  7. I have written and published my blog just now Jo-Anne .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for giving us useful and helpful information.
    Birthday decoration at home

    ReplyDelete

BPD Identity Disturbance

  So here we at Thursday so it is time for a post about Borderline Personality Disorder. This week we are looking at identity disturbance. T...