Sunday 5 May 2019

The Week That Was No:18


Just posted the last week that was post, so now I am starting a new week that was post.

Last night around 11pm Leo came into my bedroom in tears, he had spilt his drink over his laptop causing it to not work. He is upset about breaking it, I am annoyed but getting angry isn't going to change anything.

Monday was my dad's funeral there was a good turn out like around 80 people I was glad that all my girls and grandsons attended, mum held up well she shed some tears and I managed to read my letter to dad without getting upset.

I placed my letter to dad on his coffin to be buried with him also there was a letter from Jessica as well as Hayley and Denni.

Tuesday was another busy day, had an appointment at Leo's school then Jessica had to go and hand in her lease review then home and off to the doctors I go. Today is the first day of second school term.

Wednesday I did nothing and went nowhere, I did have to wake Leo at 7.50 and again at 8.00am to get ready for school.

Thursday was another day doing nothing and going nowhere, Leo here for the night.

Friday morning when I got up I found Leo awake and sitting on the lounge and when I went to turn the TV on Foxtel (pay tv) wasn't working. I had to turn the box off at the power point and turn it back on again to get it to work.

Had a fine day and a wet afternoon, Leo here again tonight while his mum is working.

Saturday morning Tim & I drove Leo home before we went over too mum's to pick up the cans & bottles from dad's wake. It is a cool slightly wet day.

Mum was ok she is holding up well, she has been watching a lot of TV because she needs to be doing something otherwise she starts to think about going through dad's stuff something she is ready to do as she feels it will be too hard to do. Just after dad died Dawson packed up dad's odds and ends into a clear plastic container and left sitting on the table dad used this upset my sister she felt it was wrong and mum was just getting rid of dad's stuff.

The rest of the day was spent writing letters to pen pals and doing nothing much.



5 comments:

  1. Feels to me like you are still grieving for your father - which is where you should be. I am so sorry about your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a harrowing week when all said and done Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Mum's handling in a healthy way. People need to step back and see how the other person grieves before complaining IMHO. "Glad" to see your tv works about like ours, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Hon,
    I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie.....Yes I am and thank you for the kind words

    Margaret....Yes it was

    Chris.......Yes mum's way of dealing with her grief suits her at this time

    Rick.......I will try

    Debby.....thank you

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease and postured

  Time to learn a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease this week at posture and dribbling, first off is posture. Many people thing of the char...