Friday 7 April 2023

JO-ANNE'S THOUGHTS

 

Well today is Good Friday here in my part of the world so today's thoughts are about Easter.

As a child I remember getting nice Easter Eggs on Easter Sunday but do not remember any Easter Egg hunts, although I hide my own daughters Easter Eggs. However, I used to label each egg with their initial, so there were no fights or one getting more then the others. My girls never thought it odd that the Easter Bunny would label their eggs.

I am no longer a church going person but I still do not eat meat on Good Friday in fact I only had meat one Good Friday back when I first met Tim as I forgot it was Good Friday.

As some will know my dad past away on Easter Sunday in 2019 so despite the date Easter Sunday will always be a bitter sweet day for my family.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Good Friday. May it be filled with only good memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't much good at the abstinence thing when I was a practicing Catholic. I always have a deep sadness for what My Lord had to do on Good Friday... but truth be told, I kinda miss the smell of Catholic incense on that day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a happy and blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita.......It was an ok day

    Chris.....Not being Catholic I would not know about the incense

    Janie.....Thanks

    Sandie.......I will try too

    ReplyDelete

Borderline Personality Disorder & Relationships

  So here I am on a wet Thursday morning tyring to write a post about BPD but mostly just looking at the computer screen or the rain outside...