Wednesday 7 February 2024

Aussie Slang Pt 5

 


It is Wednesday seems to come around every week, oh yeah it does indeed come around every week.


Well here are this weeks Aussie Slang words and phrases.


Tall Poppy Syndrome: The tendency to criticise successful people


Throw Down: A small bottle of beer easy to throw down (drink) it is only 250mls


Top End: Far north of Australia


Trackie Dacs/dacks: Track pants or what some may call sweat pants


True Blue: A patriotic or loving this awesome country

11 comments:

  1. You must have been listening to our regular speech again :) The only expression I don't recognise is throw down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I know what a throw down is was because when we first met Tim drank throw downs

      Delete
  2. Tall Poppy Syndrome is a new one on me, Jo-Anne. It could describe any number of ways people in the States want to take another down a notch.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it may be an Aussie saying but not something that just us Aussie's do

      Delete
  3. Throw downs- what my son drinks (only I go by ABV instead of mls...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a beer drinker and only heard the term when I met Tim

      Delete
  4. Hadn't heard of Throw Done - the others I have Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True Blue doesn't really mean anything patriotic here, but we have the term. Never heard of the rest of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought of True Blue as meaning really, honestly but others say differently

      Delete
  6. Those are good ones. I especially like the Tall Poppy Syndrome. That's different.

    ReplyDelete

BPD Identity Disturbance

  So here we at Thursday so it is time for a post about Borderline Personality Disorder. This week we are looking at identity disturbance. T...