Sunday 17 September 2023

Week 37 of 2023

 KATHY-LEE'S 38TH BIRTHDAY

At around 6.50am the computer started giving me a headache with it taking ages for this to load but after 10 minutes it started working again.

Kathy, Michael and the girls came over so we could see Kathy for her birthday, she was happy with her gifts a bottle of Baileys and $50.

Cold this morning I had to change my mind when it came to what pants I am wearing as the ones I had out wouldn't be warm enough.

Kathy suggested that I wear a beanie to keep my head warm instead of turning the heater on I will try that tomorrow.

When I went to sit in my armchair which is a lift chair, it wouldn't recline and Tim has gone to see how much a new controller would cost because the way it is I can't use it. They didn't have one in stock and have ordered one cost $149 and should be here this week sometime.

I am so over sitting in the computer chair, as I have to be busy doing something while sitting here. I just can't sit and watch telly in this chair.

When I tried to put the armchair down it went down so I will be able to sit in it but may not be able to put my feet up, I will use one of the footstools to put my feet on while sitting in the armchair.

This morning I had to ring Sam over and over and over again lost count of how many times I called him, Tasha came down looking for chocolate awhile I was ringing Sam and she went over and woke him up. Not very cold this morning which is nice.

Kelli & Jono arrived so Jono could see Tasha about something and Kelli came and gave me a hug as well as Tim and we had a quick chat. It was great to see and get an awesome hug from Kelli.

The new controller arrived this morning but thankfully the one on my chair has been working this morning.

Tim isn't happy he hasn't been paid this week, he made a phone call to Youi about it, he hopes it goes in soon.

I have had a lot of pain in my left knee and took an anti-inflammatory for it and it helped a lot.

Sandy dropped in she had Temika and Skylar with her, Skylar was scared of both me and Tim clinging to either Sandy or Temika, I was not surprise she doesn't know us. Sandy took all my letters with stamps on them to post for me.

I applied for a postal vote saying I was infirm and unable to walk or stand for very long. If it gets declined then so be it.

Woke to find a note from Tim he still hasn't been paid so don't know what we are going to do, he will be ringing Youi and he will be in a right mood when he does.

The computer is running slow this morning, it has improved over time thankfully.

Sam didn't want to go to school this morning he couldn't find his belt or pants he can wear without a belt and said he felt self-conscious about what he was wearing this is a new thing as in the past he couldn't care less about what he wore to school.

Tim has an appointment with his counselor.

The chronic diarrhoea is really getting to Tim, he is going to make an appointment to see our GP tomorrow.

DENNI'S BIRTHDAY SHE IS 11

Found a note on the laptop Tim made an appointment to see the GP at 1pm this afternoon. He also has an 8.45am appointment for rehab.

Spoke to Kathy she won't be over this weekend, she has too much going on.

Tim still hasn't been paid, he spoke to Youi yesterday arvo and was told the money should be in by 3pm this arvo.

I turned in to watch the live stream of Daffy's funeral if you are wondering who the hell is Daffy she was a 95yr old lady I followed on Facebook she was funny outspoken and reminded me of my mum. Yes I cried, I also cried when I read of her death and I doubt I would be her only follower who cried she did have over 200,000 followers from around the world.

Woke to find a message from Tim telling me had transferred the housekeeping money into my account. So I have been able to pay the bills.

It has turned out quite hot today temp of 30 degrees.

Tim wanted pizza so we got pizza as they were quite cheap today. Sam was here so I asked if they wanted anything, they did not.

Jess is at work, some overtime for her. She is liking this new job.


7 comments:

  1. Of course you are entitled to a postal vote. There are many people who cannot get to the voting centre on the day - people travelling, injured, religious observers of sabbath, women in late pregnancy etc etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done a postal vote at the last election, so should be ok

      Delete
  2. I sleep in my lift chair, too, so I was absolutely miserable when my chair broke and it took a week for the part to come. Leah (bless her) fixed it for me. That is exactly why after I move I am getting another lift chair so I will have two of them. I have a small regular lounger chair right now as my second chair. It technically has two positions but I can't sleep in it because the second position going back--well, it won't stay and slides back to the upright. I had something to sit in but not to sleep...for a week. (Haven't been able to sleep lying down for years because of my back.) So glad your chair is fixed!!

    Also glad Tim got paid! Goodness! A lot to deal with at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also glad my chair is fixed they are a great invention and make such a big difference to our lives

      Delete
  3. I realize that mail-votes (absentee ballots) are especially helpful for those who are physically restrained, Jo-Anne, but after our last presidential election here in the States, I don't trust how they are counted. I do hope you all fare better in Australia!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I get that but at least I vote and don't waste my vote like Tim says he does

      Delete
  4. 1- I'd be happy with Bailey's for my birthday, too!
    2- With you on the pants change (we're heading the wrong direction here) and the computer chair...
    3- Here, dead people (allegedly) can get mail ins, surely you should be allowed!
    4- Sorry to hear about Daffy, I enjoyed the couple of videos I watched. Bad weekend for deaths...

    ReplyDelete

BPD Identity Disturbance

  So here we at Thursday so it is time for a post about Borderline Personality Disorder. This week we are looking at identity disturbance. T...