Friday 31 March 2023

JO-ANNE'S THOUGHTS

 

Hello Friday what a cool start too the day, Friday is the day for my thoughts and what are my thoughts this day, I don't know let me think for a bit

Ok let's talk about bread as in what type of bread do you like?

There are many different types of bread now days around a pond a time there was little to no choice. In fact now days there are over 200 different types of bread around the world. Here in Australia there are around a dozen different types mainly bought.

Once here in Australia a type of bread called damper was common place, not so much now days except around Australia Day. Damper is a thick soda bread usually round in shape.

I am boring and like plain white bread or raisin or fruit loaf but really don't like sourdough bread and yes I have tried it. When I was a child my Nan use to get brown bread which I ate but didn't like much.

Google tells me that Egyptians eat the most bread in the world which I did not know.

6 comments:

  1. These days I eat Keto bread if I eat any bread as I count carbs. But I like lots of kinds of breads. Especially homemade fresh out of the oven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't eat much bread and like you I prefer the same types.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought some Irish Soda Bread at a place called Sprouts.
    Gosh bread is my downfall.
    I love warm bread - good bread - with butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like whole wheat and so-called Honey Wheat, Never white--- which to me... the way they make it here it tastes ike library paste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita....Bread fresh out of the oven smells awesome and tastes yummy

    Margaret.......Oh yeah I get that

    Sandie.....Ialso like warm bread

    Katie.......We like what we like

    ReplyDelete
  6. We get the whole wheat white for my sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...