Saturday 18 February 2023

HOW I FEEL ABOUT MEDICAL DIAGNOSES

Well this Saturday and maybe future Saturdays I am posting how I feel about stuff, starting with the neurologist saying I have Parkinson's. This happened on Thursday at our visit twice she referred to my condition as Parkinson's, so I asked if I had it and she said yes, with a look that to me said “I thought you knew that”. I could hear my Mum who always thought it was Parkinson's.


How do I feel about this well I am happy that this diagnoses may help me get help around the house but Parkinson's isn't a condition one wants to have. Also this is the third diagnoses I have had, first it was a Functional Tremor, then a Dystonic Tremor and now Parkinson's. So will it change again.

I know I have gone down hill the last couple of years and expect to continue to go down hill, I just hope the medication acts like a brake an slow me down.

The road ahead is covered in fog and full of pot holes.

I often feel like I am a burden to family and it will only get worse.

So really I am all over the place with how I am feeling.


5 comments:

  1. That's hard to hear. You've had other diagnoses before that were hard to hear, too. Sorry it was a bad day for you but sounds like your mom was right. It would be so good for you to get more help, for sure. Maybe that will be the silver lining?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three diagnosis, that seems a but unreal. Sometimes Mum's just know. Wonder what she would think if she was still here, but I bet you know what your mum would say Jo-Anne.
    Hopefully you can get lots of help in your home, you deserve it and it's your right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry - I know that is a hard diagnosis. I had a friend diagnosed with that and it turned out not to be Parkinson's. I think it is hard to make that diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parkinsons can be helped with the right meds. Two of the bloggers have it and spoke of it to me on the phone. They have passed from their ages now..

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The road ahead is covered in fog and full of pot holes..."
    Only one thing to do at that point- take it slow, one pothole at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Lest we forget

  They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and i...