Friday 24 February 2023

FRIDAY'S THOUGHTS

Hello Friday, today I am asking what do others think of milk, I like a class of chocolate milk each morning with my breakfast but have no liking for plain milk.

While talking to Kathy-Lee the other morning she said milk isn't that good for us and flavoured milk even less so. I don't get that she wasn't raised to think that way.

My Mum would always say if you don't feel like food have a class of milk or better yet have a egg-flip. If you are unfamiliar with the term egg-flip it is just a milkshake with an egg in it. Mum would make it in whatever flavour we wanted, chocolate, strawberry or caramel.

I also would make egg-flips for my daughters in different flavours but Kathy doesn't do anything like that for her girls. I know Jessica has always given milk to Sam who now at 15yrs old likes a large class of Milo. I believe Tasha use to give Blain egg-flips when he was younger.

8 comments:

  1. Never had an egg-flip, but just keep me away from milk- I bet you can't! My son, somehow, got lactose intolerance (not from me)- I think I'd shoot myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never even heard of an egg flip and would definitely pass on that. But I grew up drinking milk--plain white milk. When I was vegetarian for about 12 years I drank almond milk. I don't drink much milk these days, but use cream in my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like milk - real cows milk. I don't drink it unless I chew a lactaid tablet to combat my lactose intolerance. I used to love chocolate milk. But lately, the chocolate milk is too sweet for me and I don't tolerate too much sweetness. I like savory food better than sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard from real strong health people it is not good because of the antibiotics in it from what the give the cows.
    You would have to drink fresh milk to avoid it.
    I drink milk - but not a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have had a few egg flips in my time because I like them, but none these days. Used to tell my Patients to make an egg flip especially the older ones.
    Milk is somehow different today than it was many years ago, now it lasts for days without going sour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to call them egg nogs. I don't like drinking raw eggs any more as it is easy to get salmonella poisoning from them. I just had a banana smoothy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also never heard of an egg flip. I do like milk, though I'm less tolerant of it now. I do like the oat milks and almond milks. Way easier on my system.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris.......I feel the same way

    Rita......You can't taste the egg wouldn't like it if you did

    Debby......My daughter & grandson are lactose intolerant and takes tablets for it

    Chatty.....I understand that but still I like it

    Margaret......That's good to hear

    Diane.......I get that

    Juli......Hear that a lot

    ReplyDelete

Borderline Personality Disorder/Fear of Abandonment

  Hi, everyone this week we are looking at fear of abandonment and borderline personality disorder. We all must deal with the death of a lo...