Monday 18 April 2022

FACTS

 

Good morning all on this fine Easter Monday, yesterday being Easter Sunday marked the 3rd anniversary of my dad's passing although he died on the 21st but it was Easter Sunday.


Anyway here are some facts.


The naming of the celebration as "Easter" seems to go back to the name of a pre-Christian goddess in England, Eostre, who was celebrated at beginning of spring. The only reference to this goddess comes from the writings of the Venerable Bede, a British monk who lived in the late seventh and early eighth century


The Easter Bunny legend began in Germany.


The act of painting eggs originates from a Ukrainian tradition.


The exact origins of this mythical mammal are unclear, but rabbits, known to be prolific procreators, are an ancient symbol of fertility and new life.



Standing at 31ft tall and 18ft wide is the world’s largest Easter egg. Found in Vegreville, Alberta, Canada, the egg weighs a hefty 5000lbs and took 12,000 hours to complete.




5 comments:

  1. I am sorry that this holy day comes with painful memories, but remember in Christ we will rise again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, all that is true.

    I wouldn't mind passing on Easter Sunday. Might suck for my family but they know me and would be happy for me. My son didn't pass on Easter or any holiday but every Easter I do think of him. He was baptized with his brother on Easter. It just reminds me that I have hope, that I will see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris.......Thank you

    Debby.......Thank you, also

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a good Easter except for the sad memories. My dad also died on 21 April. Snap, but I don't think it was Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease and postured

  Time to learn a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease this week at posture and dribbling, first off is posture. Many people thing of the char...