Monday 4 April 2022

FACTS

 Good morning all it is 8am here I have been up for three hours shaking a bloody lot, anyway here are this weeks facts........

The sun travels at a speed of 155 miles per second but it still takes 230 million years to complete a single revolution of the galaxy.

Damascus, Syria was flourishing a couple of thousand years before Rome was founded in 753BC, making it the oldest continuously inhabited city in existence.

The length from your wrist to your elbow is the same as the length of your foot.

About one-tenth of the earth is permanently covered in ice.

The first successful kidney transplant was in 1954

5 comments:

  1. Fun Facts. Jo-Ann I'm sorry that I accidentally deleted your comment on my post when it came in an email. I have posted it under my name as coming from you. Sorry again. Trigger happy finger this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you were not feeling well. Interesting facts which I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the facts, none of which I knew. It feels like we have the entire 1/10 of ice coverage, given how chilly it still is here in my part of the world. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting facts Jo-Anne.
    Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane.......It's all ok

    Nancy......Now you do know

    Kea.......Hope you liked them

    Margaret.........That's for sure

    ReplyDelete

Lest we forget

  They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and i...