Wednesday 28 July 2021

POEM DAY

 

And The World Carries On

©  More By Amy O Connor

Published: August 27, 2020

The plates will still shift
and the clouds will still spew.
The sun will slowly rise
and the moon will follow too.

Life’s beauty will continue
to flourish all around,
but now you are gone,
these birds have no sound.

And my heart does not beat.
It is still inside my chest.
My tears keep on falling
and my head will not rest.

But I have no choice only
to move through this life.
Endlessly attempting
to fill this longing that is rife.

ABOUT THE POET:

Amy O Connor was born in Tipperary, Ireland. She spent much of her early twenties travelling the world to experience different cultures and has lived in both Barcelona, Spain and Toronto, Canada. Amy always had an innate passion for the pen and in 2019, she published her debut anthology, A Beautiful Complexity. She studied journalism at the University of Limerick and now works in communications and resides in Cork, Ireland.



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/and-the-world-carries-on

5 comments:

  1. Nice to know about the poet Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for info of the poet. Very well express feeling of lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness the beauty continues on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a cousin who lost her husband 5 years ago, she just wrote a post about how painful it still is without him. This poem reminded me of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret D.......Yes I thought so

    Nancy.........You're welcome

    M A.......I agree

    Karen......That's good

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and walking

  Well, here we are at another Friday so here is a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease, this week we are looking a bit more at walking with P...