Monday 18 January 2021

Monday is fact day

 

Hello Monday again so that means it is facts day again, so here we go:


More than 75% of all the countries in the world are north of the equator.


Oak trees do not have acorns till they reach 50 years of age.


The average iceberg weighs 20 million tons


The English Channel gets a foot wider every year.


The Eisenhower interstate road system in America requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight bits are for use as airstrps in times of war or other emergencies.


8 comments:

  1. A lot of interesting new information for me this week.
    Thanks, Jo-Anne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting facts which I do not know. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Jo-Anne...love the fact about straight road, hard to find a road the is straight here as you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been around oaks all my life and didn't know that. Makes me wonder at the trees that used to be in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita.......I"m glad you learned new stuff

    Nancy.....Thanks for dropping by

    Margaert D.....Yep I know

    Chris.....You're not alone

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know about the interstate system. Interesting.

    My oak trees must be ancient. We get buckets full of acorns every fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only thing I knew was about the Eisenhower road system, commonly known as Interstates here. I knew about the landing strip areas...

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and walking

  Well, here we are at another Friday so here is a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease, this week we are looking a bit more at walking with P...