Tuesday 26 January 2021

Indestructible Stuff ................Carbon Fibre

 Here we are at another Tuesday, and another indestructible stuff post today we are talking about Carbon Fibre.

The element Carbon gives toughness and hardness to diamond, graphene and steel. Now it's showing its super strength as part of a modern multi-purpose material called Carbon Fibre.

In carbon fibre, tiny woven or twisted strands of carbon are combined with plastics to make a super-strong, tough, light and flexible everyday modern material.

Found in sport gear, such as skis and pole vaults, bicycle frames and baseball bats. Formula 1 racing cars,tool handles, toys and even musical instruments.

Although we have had plastic for a bloody long time its never been strong enough to build reliable flying machines with carbon fibre that changed.


6 comments:

  1. Amazing the things they come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I never - how good is that then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting facts which I don't know about carbon fibre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you pick these to post, but they're always interesting!

    BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog. OMG, I laughed, because YES, I'd like to hit him/them over the head with a 2x4. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me again on this one. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita.......Indeed

    Margaret D....I know

    Nancy......Did anyone know

    Kea......I have a book of information I use

    Debby......Did I

    ReplyDelete

Lest we forget

  They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and i...