Tuesday 15 September 2020

Superbugs

 

Well Tuesday is here and it's another nice warm day, which means I am dripping in sweat on and off all day.

Tuesday is now indestructible stuff day and today it is the well known Superbug, we have all heard talk about this or that superbug.

A superbug is actually a disease causing bacteria that is resistant to run of the mill antibiotics.

The first antibiotics were developed back in 1928 based on natural germ-killing chemicals found in mould. Since then these drugs have saved millions of lives. The ability to cure bacterial illnesses and infections such as tetanus, tuberculosis, and even the plague.

The problem is there is often just a few bacteria that are tough enough to survive the antibiotics. As the others are killed the extra tough survivors become superbugs, a kind of super strong bacteria that antibiotics can't kill.

This means they can kill us, just like before we had antibiotics.

So you are wondering what to do to protect yourself , really..............

Every man and his dog know you need to wash your hands, use hand gel, clean surfaces regularly

8 comments:

  1. Saved many lives has penicillin - now to now and the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jo-Anne, what I found out this year is that taking antibiotics often can change the good bacteria in our stomachs or maybe it's our "guts." (not sure. and maybe the word "change" isn't right. Maybe it's "destroy.") I found this out because I began experiencing stomach pains/aches and when I saw the doctor she noted that because of an ongoing sinus infection and dental problems, I'd taken a lot of antibiotics this year. So she put me on probiotics And voila! no aches or pains. It's quite wonderful. Now I'm back to eating yogurt and that, she said, will help also. Life is good. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those three things should be done always on a regular basis, but especially during this time of Covid when so many of us are at risk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandie.....Agreed

    Rita....So true

    Nancy.....That we are

    Margaret D.......Yeah that's for sure

    Dee............I have heard that from others

    Juli.....,..So bloody true

    Karen......I have done them for years

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the best I can with keeping clean both my house and me.

    ReplyDelete

Borderline Personality Disorder

  Have you heard of borderline personality disorder? Do you know what it is? Well, I am going to tell you. Borderline personality diso...