Tuesday 25 September 2018

Disgusting Facts No:1


Hello Tuesday still cold and wet here in Newie, I still have a headache and I feel like something is sitting on my chest but such is life.

Today I have the first disgusting facts post, yes there will be more to come in the future and yes I am using another one of Leo's books to get the facts out of.

Let's start off with snot, we all have it is a normal bodily function but did you know:

A sneeze causes snot to exit the nose at over 60 kilometre per hour which is 37 miles per hour

A person swallows about a litre of snot a day without even realising it

Snot is made of water, salt and a gluey sugary substance called mucin

Snot is more that just a sticky goo, it contains antibodies that help the body recognise invading bacteria and viruses and creates enzymes to help kill them.

Snot protects you from dirt and germs in the air by catching them

Your snot looks more yellow when you have a cold because of all the white blood cells in it

If you've been hanging out in a dusty room, your snot will be a grey dust colour.

9 comments:

  1. Man oh man, I really needed to know that! What about when it's green?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be disgusting but this is really interesting! Thanks for sharing on the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Good to know, I guess. I've been swallowing more than my average share the last two weeks--ROFL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jo-Anne, I so love to learn and invariably you teach me something with your postings. Thanks for the info on snot! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I have a good post nasal drip going on. Mucus are us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet 750 ml of that is right when you first get up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I think I picked the wrong day to read your blog. I guess the good news is that I think I lost my appetite, won't be over-eating at dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ian............When it's green your really sick

    Nancy..........Yeah I thought so

    Rita............Yeah I know

    Dee.............At least my posts are not boring, I hope

    Katie...........I am sneezing over and over this morning

    Chris...........I get that feeling

    Karen...........Sorry about that

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gross, but interesting. Disgusting stuff rarely bothers me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...