Friday 19 May 2023

Jo-Anne's Thoughts

 Here we are at another bloody cold morning and it's Friday so here are my thoughts on what, I don't know let me thing for a bit well I thinking about being cold and chattering teeth along with a jaw that moves side to side so much that I can feel it and it is driving me batshit crazy.

My jaw started moving a few years back and even though the new medication (Madopar) helps some but since the cold weather has started it is moving a great deal. The moving does give me a face ache and bit of a headache.

Since starting the Madopar my over all shaking has reduced and I can even hold my arms out straight without shaking for a minute or so. I have also started walking better picking up my feet instead of shuffling this is a good thing.

This is the first winter and yes I know we are still in autumn but still, what was I saying oh yeah this is the first time I have felt the cold and boy am I feeling it. However, if I put on warmer clothes I end up over heating and sweating, this is bloody annoying.

So this is what has been on my mind the last couple of days it isn't something I can stop or fix, just something I need to live with. As frustrating as it is.


13 comments:

  1. Is this jaw deal because of the meds? I know they adveritse here something for when you get movements b/c of mental health meds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is due to the tremor which maybe Parkinson's

      Delete
    2. I wondered the same as the commenter,,,and was going to suggest the same as they did. But I understand better now

      Delete
  2. I am SOO glad your medication is helping you so much! I think my body has trouble regulating temperature, too. I have to wear layers I can take on and off--or keep switching nightgowns from winter ones to summer ones since I've had shingles plus all the times when I've been so sick. Back and forth--back and forth--warm and chilly. Yup! You just live with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I often have to take items off when I sweat and then I feel cold again and need clothes put back on, it is part of my life now

      Delete
  3. I can understand how frustrating that must be for you. It's good you have some medication that helps some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad the medication is helping you, I hope that continues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your jaw feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps the doctor you have, or doctors, can research something else that may help with the jaw movement. I have restrictions of a different kind but they are there and very annoying I'm grateful to continue my household duties but...always have to take this and that into consideration. (heart issues for me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes at least my jaw doesn't stop me doing stuff as annoying as it is

      Delete

Parkinson's Disease and postured

  Time to learn a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease this week at posture and dribbling, first off is posture. Many people thing of the char...