Friday 12 May 2023

Jo-Anne's Thoughts

Here we are at Friday a day for my thoughts and this Friday I am thinking about shopping as in the differences between online and in store shopping.

I do my weekly grocery shopping online and have it delivered, it took me a while to get use to doing it that way but now I am ok with it. That said I still like the idea of pushing a shopping trolley around the supermarket I just can't get to the shops on my own and walking around it difficult with the pain in my knees.

I do not like shopping for clothes online but I do it from time to time, from stores that I am familiar with and thus know what size I take.

Being short and weighing around 80 kilos I find my clothes size can vary from store to store and buying online can be hit and miss.

I do miss being able to go out and wander around shops, I have asked Tim if when his arm is healed and he is able to put my scooter into the car so I can go out to the shops. He has said he will do that but we have no idea when that will happen. I prefer to use my own scooter over ones that can be hired from the shopping centres, as mine is smaller.

Online shopping is good and I don't mind doing it.

I cannot imagine my mother being able to do online shopping it would confuse and frustrate her. Of course mum was 81 when she passed away.

My dad often bought stuff online from Ebay or some other site but never anything like clothes.

5 comments:

  1. I've been a little more adventurous of late, but still never online groceried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still prefer to do my grocery shopping at the store but other than that, I shop a lot online and enjoy it. It's just too easy. Plus when the boxes come, it's like little presents to myself...even though I know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being housebound since 2005 I have done the majority of all my shopping online for a long time. Clothing is one of the trickier ones--yes! Hit or miss. But I am so grateful for the option of shopping online. Don't know what I would do without it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris.......I started with grocery shopping

    Debby......I like receiving parcels they make me smile and feel good

    Rita.....I also am pleased we have online shopping as an option

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grocery shop online, never ever thought I would, but Covid forced me to. As much as I'd love to go back to grocery chopping in person, a lot of stores around here have forced us to wait in line to check ourselves out, which makes me furious.

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease Pt 11

  Here we are at another Friday which means it is time for more about Parkinson’s this week we are looking at depression. Depression is ve...