Monday 11 October 2021

FACTS

 

Good morning world a cool and wet morning here in Newie and it is of course Monday so it is facts day.......

On average people speak about 5,000 words every day

In 1810 a German named Samuel Soemmering invented the bubble telegraph to send long distance messages. His invention used electricity passed through wires to make pockets of gas bubble in a tank of acid. He had 26 different wires sitting in acid, one for each letter of the alphabet. If he sent a small current of electricity down any of the wires, a stream of bubbles would appear in the acid at the other end, enabling him to send messages one letter at a time.

Sound travels through water three times faster than through air.

The Honey Badger can withstand hundreds of African Bee stings an would kill any other animal.

During most of the Earth's history, the North and South Poles have been completely free of ice.

9 comments:

  1. They will be free of ice again if we can't fix the temperature rising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rely on your facts to start the week off right, Jo-Anne.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing about the ice, never knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jo-Anne, thanks for the amazing and interesting facts. The last few days including today have been hot and sweaty days for us over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. REALLY? About the ice? Amazing!!! I love when you do those!
    And that about the gas bubbles...who ever in the world would have thought THAT was how and you have to wonder what ever on the world gave him that idea?

    I have a niece by marriage that can speak 20000 words a day, I swear. She NEVER stops talking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of these, I didn't know any of them!

    I suspect Diane might be right, though I'm not sure humans will be around to see it, we might have wiped ourselves off the planet by then. :-/

    LOL @ Katie's mom's comment, that about sums up my aunt. And all about herself too. Oy!

    Anyway, take care and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I speak fewer words a day than I write.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bubble telegraph is a new one on me. Probably would cut down those 5,000 words, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane........Yep,maybe

    Janie.........Thanks

    Margaret...........Me either

    Nancy.......You're welcome

    Katie.......I am pleased you like these posts, yeah I also know people who talk your ear off

    KEA,,,,,,,,,,I agree

    Karen...........Iget that

    Chris...........Me too

    ReplyDelete

Australians Under Fire Intro Pt 1

  So, after going through some stuff, I found this book called Australians Under Fire 1942 and have decoded to use it for my Wednesday posts...