Tuesday 10 August 2021

THE DOGGY ON A BOX

 


Well here we are at the last of the doggy on the box post......

In 1981 on the night of the 22nd-23rd of October students from the Canberra College of Advanced Education stole the dog and this aroused nationwide attention.

The dog was recovered on the college campus unharmed. It had apparently been stolen as part of a “stone day” scavenger hunt, a yearly pranksters day to mark the laying of the College foundation stone.

The dog is now more securely bolted to his base.

The fiftieth anniversary of The Dog was celebrated on the 28th November 1982, with the unveiling of a plague by Sir James Rowland the then Governor of New South Wales. Also a record by the Howie Brothers featuring their new song “He's been there for fifty years”.

That concludes this series...............


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the series Jo-Anne and I remember that event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful series. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed that Jo-Ann. I always enjoy the interest blogs about things particular to Australia you post. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret D..........You're welcome

    Nancy........My pleasure

    Katie........I am pleased

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been a fun story, Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease and postured

  Time to learn a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease this week at posture and dribbling, first off is posture. Many people thing of the char...